Whenever you need roadside assistance, just call the number on your membership card and our 24/7 dispatch service advisors are especially trained to provide you assistance to help you get out of harm’s way and keep you in touch with your loved ones. We will also contact the police or fire department, if necessary. Before taking your membership information, you will be asked:
- What is your call back number?
- Are you in a safe location? If not, our advisors will provide you with safety tips and assistance.
We recommend you keep your membership card on you at all times and save our emergency number on to your contacts on your mobile phone. Be prepared to provide the following details:
- Your Nationwide Roadside Assistance account number
- Your First Name and Last Name
- Provide information on the nature of the trouble.
- The exact location, make, model, year, color and license number of the vehicle.
While waiting for service arrival, generally we recommend you remain with your vehicle. For your safety, only accept service from a company marked vehicle. Remain in your car and let the roadside service provider approach you. Then, slightly roll down your window to provide the following:
- Nationwide Roadside Assistance Card
- Valid Picture ID
Sign & Drive
Our dispatch agent will handle and coordinate with the on-site service provider to complete the transaction if necessary. This means you do not provide your credit card details to the on-site service provider. Instead, you will provide payment information to our dispatch agent. This is another way we keep your identity safe and secure – you just sign and drive.
Friendly assistance to get you back on the road
– 3 claims per year, up to $100.00 max per claim
– Natiowide Coverage in the U.S., Canada and Mexico
– Full membership benefits. This includes dispatch advisor will call your family members or police if necessary, send a qualified on-site service provider and assist in coordination and payment transactions.
When a vehicle cannot be started or driven safely, Nationwide Roadside Assistance will provide towing service. Charges will not be more than the contract stations’ normal rate for towing in that area.
If your car won’t start, the service person will attempt to restart it by jump-starting your battery, checking connections and fluids, or performing other minor mechanical repairs. Such work is temporary and not guaranteed; you should drive immediately to a repair facility and have the problem corrected.
If you have a flat tire, your spare will be installed. If no inflated spare is available, the vehicle may be towed.
If you are accidentally locked out of your car, we will send a service provider who will try to open it. State law requires that locksmiths obtain identification from a person receiving their services, so be prepared to show your driver’s license. If that fails or the key is lost or broken, you are eligible for towing.
If you run out of fuel we’ll bring you enough fuel to get to the nearest service station. You’ll be charged for fuel at the market rate. If you need diesel fuel, you must request it when you call. Note: Diesel may not be available in all locations.